Tuesday 16 December 2008

Following on...

...from the previous `Sky at Night` post, I received a very full email from a friend of mine and I wanted to share some of it here.

I'm coming more and more to believe that we see God through the actions of other people - e.g. Mother Theresa. I see God working in people of true integrity - Barack Obama, my friend Raj (who isn't a Christian, i.e. follower of Christ, but who has the same beliefs about compassion and humanity as me and shares my dreams). I believe that the world's current problems are the result of man's greed.
Look around you, Ann, and you will see God waving at you. He is still there, only at times we lose sight of Him because we have been blinded by the evil planted in the hearts of Baby P's killers, the beast of Austria, the child-abusers in Thailand, the selfishness of Thatcher's children ("Me, me, me!"), the materialism and sickness of this world and our throwaway society.

No comments:

Post a Comment